LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION AND RAGING BULL LAUNCH A T-SHIRT TO MARK THE ORCHID MALE CANCER AWARENESS WEEK 2011
On sale from Monday 11th April 2011 - pre-order your t-shirt now and get a 20% discount
Working in partnership with clothing brand Raging Bull – fronted by ex-England rugby player, Phil Vickery - T-shirts will cost £25 and are being sold in the top ten House of Fraser stores across the UK and online with Orchid from Monday 11th April 2011.
The winning design by second year student Elise Pellican was selected by a fashion and celebrity panel that included;
- Pop artist Peter Andre
- Harold Tillman CBE, Chairman of the British Fashion Council and owner of Jaegar and Aquascutum,
- Dylan Jones, Editor of GQ Magazine
- Gordon Richardson, Design Director at Topman
- Georgie Thompson, Sky Sports News Presenter
- BBC Strictly Come Dancing star Flavia Cacace
- Phil Vickery, former England Rugby International and co-owner of Raging Bull
- Laura Weir, Fashion Editor Drapers
- June Lawlor, formerly of House of Fraser and Crombie
- Shannon Mercer, Managing Director Raging Bull
A special thanks to all of our judges for your support with this exciting project. The winning student Elise Pellican was delighted to have her design chosen by such an influential panel and have her illustration sold in House of Fraser. Interviews with the panel and shots from our special rugby photo shoot coming soon!
Rebecca Porta, Chief Executive of Orchid, says: “Every year over 37,000 men are diagnosed with a male cancer. Raising awareness is vital and we are thrilled to be partnering with London College of Fashion and Raging Bull to produce this creatively powerful T-shirt that we believe will reach new audiences, encouraging greater awareness of male-specific cancer and raise funds for the charity.”
This year's awareness week is all about the role women have to play in supporting men to be male cancer aware. So ladies why not buy a t-shirt for the men in your life!